Energy Conserved is Life Preserved
· We use energy faster than it can be produced - Coal, oil and natural gas - the most utilized sources take thousands of years for formation.
· Energy resources are limited - India has approximately 1% of world’s energy resources but it has 16% of world population.
· Most of the energy sources we use cannot be reused and renewed - Non-renewable energy sources constitute 80% of the fuel use. It is said that our energy resources may last only for another 40 years or so.
· We save the country a lot of money when we save energy - About 75 percent of our crude oil needs are met from imports which would cost about Rs.1, 50,000 crores a year
· We save our money when we save energy - Imagine your savings if your LPG cylinder comes for an extra week or there is a cut in your electricity bills
· We save our energy when we save energy - When we use fuelwood efficiently, our fuelwood requirements are lower and so is our drudgery for its collection
· Energy saved is energy generated - When we save one unit of energy, it is equivalent to 2 units of energy produced
· Save energy to reduce pollution - Energy production and use account to large proportion of air pollution and more than 83 percent of greenhouse gas emissions
Power Saved is Power Generated.